The Aidy Bryant-led comedy will return for eight new episodes in 2020.
Hulu has renewed Shrill for a 8-episode second season. Please see bullets below for details.
· Hulu has renewed Shrill for an 8-episode second season.
· The series is executive produced by Lorne Michaels, Elizabeth Banks, showrunner Ali Rushfield, Lindy West, Andrew Singer of Broadway Video, Max Handelman of Brownstone Productions, and Aidy Bryant. Dannah Shinder of Brownstone Productions will serve as a producer.
· Season one followed Annie (SNL’s Aidy Bryant), a fat young woman who wants to change her life – but not her body. Annie is trying to start her career while juggling bad boyfriends, a sick parent, and a perfectionist boss.
· The first season starred Bryant, Lolly Adefope, Luka Jones, Ian Owens, John Cameron Mitchell, Patti Harrison, Julia Sweeney, and Daniel Stern.
· The series is produced by Warner Bros. Television, Broadway Video and Brownstone Productions. Warner Bros. International Television Distribution will serve as the international distributor.
· Season two will premiere in 2020.